Monday, March 22, 2010

Life and Death Part 2

So, My parents had to put our dog, Mandy, to sleep last night. I was recording and didn't find out till I got home and she was gone. Although, I wasn't as attached to her as I was our previous family dog, I loved her and she brought her own unique and special personality which truly did brighten up my life at certain times. Unfortunately, like most things in life, I don't think I really appreciated her enough till now, when she's gone. I will truly miss her. It got me thinking again about life and death. Perhaps we take life for grantid all too often, never fully realizing that it could be all over tomorrow. We get so lost in ourselves, our own ambitions, even our own pain to really see that our days are fading away. I don't want to live like that. If it's possible, I want to be different. It seems impossible though. Life is so full of pain and trouble and stress, it just gets tiresome. It seems like death is the only escape to finally feel peace. Steinbeck refers to it in East of Eden by saying that life is always the most stressful place to be, that's why they say Rest in Peace!! Is their a lasting peace to be found here on earth? Can one live a life of love completely void of selfish ambitions that frees them from the clutches of society's stress blanket? Perhaps these philisophocal questions cannot be answered. I don't know. But I do hope that life has meaning and purpose that can bring us relief from the pain, the stress. I don't want to live out of anticipation for death, but rather out of anticipation for life. Oh well. I don't think Mandy would care much about my musings. Rest in Peace, Mandy. You were a good dog and a loyal companion!!

3 Comments:

Blogger herringmeister said...

Live out of . . . anticipation for life. Very good words to keep in mind. I guess that’s the real challenge; don’t let life get in the way of living. It seems that we should (or rather MUST) get outside of the routine of our menial meanderings and embrace an eternal perspective that can in fact correct our own beloved astigmatic myopia. But clarity of vision, once had, quickly fades and we find ourselves in continual need of yet another brilliant flash to regain what we once grasped. The loss and sadness of death is one of those ever-present and painful reminders that all is not right in the world. All is not right with society and all is not right with us. We are forced to re-evaluate our lives and re-commit to a better way. This leaves us with great uncertainty about the rightness our past actions, but it also leaves us with great certainty that there is a Right by which our flawed vision is to be judged. I know that nothing can help with the pain of a loss, and that sorrow is what is both fitting and required. But I also know that it too will fade in time until the next reminder. Until then, I mourn your loss and rejoice in knowing that Mandy continues to enrich your life as you do mine.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat ebook[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known avenues to generate an income online.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Brent I'm sorry about your loss. She was a good dog, I wish I could have spent more time with her.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home